Thursday, August 18, 2011

When Did Marriage Become a Joke?

Oh another distressing comment about my upcoming wedding. A young woman at work laughed when I mentioned it to her, and demanded to know WHY I'd do something like that?

Well, I know she was saying it mostly in jest,but the fact that one CAN jest about it is distressing to me. When did marriage go from being expected, especially of young women my age, to being something that, at least, colloquially, should be avoided?

Well, I think we all know the answer; the decade of peace, love and womens lib aren't very innocent here.

Just a hundred years ago, and back through to the very beggining og God's time, marriage was what life was BUILT on. Marriage built a partnership, a home, brought forth children. Yet nowadays women are being encouraged, at least subconciously, to NOT marry, told that the things that marriage can bring are readily available to them without the "mess" of marriage.

Now THATS what i call a joke

No comments:

Post a Comment